I am trying to migrate over to WordPress. This is hard, hard, work. Guess I will have to upgrade to get my other theme moved over. Yikes!
I knew going in that I wanted to make something quick for dinner. I also knew that I wanted to do a “quick” project for the boys room. The dinner I brainstormed and called into existence was English Muffin Mini Pizza’s complete with mini turkey pepperoni. (So CUTE!)
|They’re so tiny!!!|
Though the tiny pepperonis won my heart, the dinner was only so-so. The sauce I had in the pantry was super bland. My mozzarella cheese had gotten slimy and had to be tossed. Cheddar only on pizza is a little lacking for me. Oh well.
While the kids watched Narnia. I began to work on my “project”. I want some cute bunting for the boys room. I say want, because, even after all the work I did, I still want some nicely done bunting for the boys room. After seeing several blog posts that had some super fun, super cute bunting I decided to give it a go.
I had the fabric. Check out how Walmart sells fabric now.
Sorry about the blur, I was excited. This is the fat quarter bundle. They also have fabrics grouped my project, one yard cuts, two yard cuts, fabric type. All in this neat little package. No more waiting at a cutting counter. King size quilts are not really in my repertoire at this point, so this works for me. It’s hard to tell, but the theme is dragons, stars, castles and groovy.
I won’t even dare to put up a tutorial on this project because I wanted to go off off off grid after doing it. Like, live in a cave and rock back and forth for hours. I was so irritated. I followed the instructions of another blog that said to cut out all of the triangles, then go around the edge with pinking sheers.
Okay, can I just say that whoever invented pinking sheers should be horse whipped? My triangles became wavy pointy things that hardly resembled anything with three sides. The site also instructed me to cut holes in the tops of the triangles to thread my string through. Uh-huh. This made them floppy and they looked awful. I ended up just folding down a small strip and gluing it in with fabric glue.. Another roadblock was the castle print fabric. It had been cut in the wrong direction. (Not by me!) So I had to make those triangles much smaller to be going in the right direction.
Anyway, here is how it turned out:
It’ll do. Until the kids are out of the dragon phase.
At least the Smoking Cowboy is happy.
>One of my favorite blogs, Keswick and Country has a giveaway going on. Pop over to their site and check it out! You can follow the link here.
The prize is jewelry designed by Caroline Armelle. Have a long looksie. You won’t be disappointed!